ACADEMY OF NEVADA BALLET THEATRE
About the Nancy Houssels Scholarship
Nevada Ballet Theatre awards its own special scholarship to one deserving student a year. The Nancy Houssels Scholarship, named after Nevada Ballet Theatre Co-Founder and Board Co-Chair, Nancy Houssels, affords an Academy student the opportunity to further develop his or her talent and love of dance by covering a full season’s tuition. Selection will occur in May and funds will be applied for the following season.
• Only students of the Pre-Professional Program in levels 3 – 8 who are nominated by their instructor will be considered. The scholarship recipient is then chosen by the principal and the faculty.
• Scholarship criteria include dedication, personality, leadership, attendance, talent and merit.
• Students must attend the minimum of required classes for their level in order to be eligible.
• Scholarship recipients must keep good attendance for all required classes during the school year. More than three unexcused absences per semester will result in the forfeiture of the scholarship.
• Scholarship recipients must remain exclusive to Nevada Ballet Theatre and may
not take dance classes or perform with any other organization or school.
For more information, please contact the Academy at (702) 243-2623.